Home.

3:43:00 AM Valencia Ng 0 Comments

Hey, dreamer,
Where are you? Where have you been?
Let's build a home, shall we?
Don't you think it's time?
I think it's been too long since you wandered around
Will you return from your journey?
Come and sit, and while you tell your story
Of all the places you have been and all the people you have met
I guess it's time for you to come back home, come to me
Can't you see, can you imagine how it will be like?
You can tell me what do you want,
I will take notes and sketch and all

Is it going to be a house in the middle of the field?
Surrounded by green grass or a space to plant my own garden?
What kind of flowers do you want?
Will we paint the stars on the top of our bedroom?
With all of the constellations that you like
So you can see them at night when you lay your head on the bed
As we talk at 3 am about your fear or your dream
We will wake up by the morning light from the window
Well I wish our house will have huge windows everywhere
And the sun will come without being shy to each and every corner
Will we paint the walls with the paint with weirdest names?
Tangy tangerines, Moody magenta, and argue whether it's turquoise or aquamarine?
Or will we leave it white, and white walls everywhere?
I will put the small stool so you can watch your TV
I don't watch it much, you can take the remote all day
and of course, I will let you come to my attic
The one with the lemon-colored wall and rustic wooden floor
You will find the racks full of books from the floor to top
And my favorite swing chair
And an easel with the canvas and paintings
I will let you come to my secret world
I will tell you about the velveteen rabbit, or the giving tree.
At night I will take one book and bring it to our children and read it
Before we turn off the lights and kiss them goodnight
And when they grow up they can read it by themselves
I can borrow it to them if they want or as their 10th birthday present
And of course they can play at the tree house if they want to
Or we can build a blanket forth
As we tell them the stories of how we met
We kinda disagree about that one
They will giggle as they decide which version they will believe
On afternoons they will run and run and make noises in the hallways
Our hallways will be filled with dozens of photo frames
Of all the journey we went through
Of all the souvenirs we bought home
The scrabbled crayons kind of drawing will be put on our refrigerator
Near of it is the table where you always take your morning coffee
And I almost forgot, probably a piano so you can play for me a song or two?
I don't ask much, really, you can give any kind of detail I will add it to it
I don't need a huge house, as long as it's home,
as long as I'm with you, it will suffice

You see, my dreamer, I promise you
I won't stop you from wandering
I won't impede your exploration
You can make a house with thousand secret chambers if you want
We still can always go to all of those breathtaking places
I know that whenever you're beside me I'm already home
There's no way we will settle down, we will always grow
Always serve, always seek, always be the better version of ourselves
You can fly to wherever you want but, you see,
in here your roots will always grow deep
People will always try to find their way back home
So here,
here I am
here we are

Build with me?





0 comments:

Tell me anything