Fiction or Fact

8:20:00 PM Valencia Ng 0 Comments

"Relax",
that's what you'd say, right now
everytime I get too overwhelmed about everything
you'd take me back to that couch again, just sit
and made me slow down a little bit 
you'd take all these clouds and made myself feeling like a fool
for worrying too much

That was you, like a real version of Jason Mraz in my world
Too bad you can't play guitar and you don't like wearing hats
you'd look exactly like him, I giggled as I said it to you
But you liked humming, anyway, 
when you helped me washing dishes or 
when you insisted to help me cook 
And it sounded pretty nice. 

That was you, with a cup of tea every morning
as the exact opposite of me, who drinks lots of coffee every night
you were the exact opposite of everything, to be honest
and I don't know why, but somehow you completed me

You, with your happy-go-lucky personality
and me, who is so intense about everything
You, the joker, the one whom everyone loves
and me, the introverted geek who can't stand small talks
You, care-free at heart but love the precise routine
you'd wake up and go to bed at the exact time everyday
and me, miss-everything-has-to-be-perfect with messy schedules
stuck forever in everyday's routine but adventurer at heart

"Relax", 
you'd say it again,
and you'd hand me vanilla ice cream or raspberry smoothie
you'd make me laugh really hard at simple, stupid things
to you, life is really simple
what a revelation it was, to my complicated mixed-up soul
with you, I won't worry too much about not being good enough
you made me take that leap of faith
you made me go the extra mile 
with you, the future seemed bearable
you made me take down my walls i had built to protect myself
and I let you to see all the parts of me that weren't all that pretty
I let you see my morning face
and you convinced me that every girl is beautiful in her own way, 
with or without makeup, skinny or not, 
I let you know all my childhood stories, my favorite fairytale, 
the way I loved to carry my teddy bears as I traveled around the world
I let you know my dreams and plans, as scary as it seemed to be
I let you see through my highlight reel, to my behind-the-scenes, 
all my insecurities, my constant anxieties,
I let myself believe in your promise - that silly, stupid, promise
simply because you proved me you'd keep your promise, 
as stupid as it sounded to me - you showed up that night
I let you fly,

We stand at the opposite poles, 
and we met at the wrong time, that's what I keep telling myself anyway
We tried to make it work, I know we tried
But we only got planes, trains, and cars
Maybe in another life when humans invent teleport and time machine
Maybe later, maybe never. 

But we tried. 

though nobody will ever remind me to relax anymore.

(5 am, today, and you readers can decide whether this is fiction or fact or stuck in between. Is this something that is literally happened or something you have to read between the lines? You guess! :) <3>

0 comments:

Tell me anything