Bemused

11:38:00 PM Valencia Ng 0 Comments

Do you ever
watch strangers closely 
and you try to observe them
Can't you see?
Everyone is.......lost

I've learned theories about it
I've talked about it over and over again
write it over and over again, 
blaming it when things don't get right
I tried to mark a line and try to locate it
A territory called 'reality'

I've been wondering, and completely bemused, 
Why do I defy reality? 
Why do I hate it so much? 
Why do I try to run and hide? 
Do I finally escape it, or do I make fortress 
to keep me away from it?

Now I realize that I'm not the only one

Some people call it a 'book', 
some people watch movies and go to cinemas
some people try to impress, some wear happy masks
some people paint and forget the world for a little while
some people write, some people read
some people drink all night,
some people use weed, or drugs
some people meditate, the others hesitate
some people create their own castles
some people make fairytales
some people fall in love, some people make love
some people make a wish, some people daydream
some people travel, and wander, and go to the great unknown
some people go to bed and sleep
some people get bitter, some people keep the faith

Dear, we're all lost, 
and we try our best to find and make a way back home
try to redefine what the home actually is
try to shape the world the way we want it to
try to hide, for a few minutes 
before every mundane routine creeps back in to our days
we let ourselves be busy enough so we don't face reality as it is
we let time slips away, and we wonder, our hearts ache..
for the better future, 
for an imaginary place

We will do anything, than to face the concrete, cold, flat reality

Or

Or maybe it's not we
Maybe it's just me

Why, why do I defy reality?

Bemused,
what is reality, anyway?

0 comments:

Tell me anything