Klavier

4:06:00 AM Valencia Ng 0 Comments

Love is like playing a piano, you said
You have to learn the keys, and the rules
Then you have to forget all the rules
and play it from your heart

As you played a song that I've never heard before,
I gazed you from a far, I couldn't hide how amazed I was
Well, I whispered, piano taught me one thing
You stared at me curiously, the girl who didn't even understand a single note
In life, though you have the white key, and all the happiness it represents,
you have to remember that you need black keys, too

You're right, indeed,
You agreed with me
Then you smiled, and I still remember that smile
Although I never remember all the songs you've played
I don't understand music, but I remember your expression,
that expression, when you play the song wholeheartedly.

It's like, all my life, I heard a song once
One song I've never heard before
Then for the rest of my life, trying to find a song like that
Even though I don't remember what kind of song it really is
I replay that song over and over again,
and now finally understand,
that every pianist has their own song...

And maybe one day, a song will finally complete you
It will go straight to your heart
Fix all your brokenness
Make you cry and smile at the same time
Make you dance when time gets hard
A song that you will always hear

I touch the piano once again
"You have to forget the rules"
You have to forget the rules,
you have to forget the rules
Your voice haunts me

I imagine what you'd say right now
It's not about how well you play it,
it's about how you feel it

The song ended before it really began.



0 comments:

Tell me anything